The Sacramento Police Department has adopted the following Mission Statement that guides all employees:
partnership with the Community to protect life and property, solve
neighborhood problems, and enhance the quality of life in our City.
As members of the Sacramento Police Department we accept responsibility for contributing to the quality of life in our community. We believe the character of our Department is best reflected in the quality of service provided by each of our members. We will meet the challenge to provide quality through our shared values and commitment to:
- Serve in an impartial, courteous, responsive, and effective manner.
- Maintain an attitude which respects the dignity and rights of those we serve.
- Facilitate open communications with the public.
- Take responsibility for our actions and be willing to admit our mistakes.
- Professionalism which is the result of a clear sense of perspective and direction, strengthened by teamwork and innovation.
- Remain enthusiastic and put empathy first and foremost in public and employee relations.
- Promote community involvement and cooperation.
- Be ever mindful that we are members of the public we serve.
All that we do will reflect a "commitment" which ensures we merit the support and trust of our community.