The Sacramento Police Department encourages community involvement in the law enforcement process and allows interested citizens and students to sit as observers with police dispatchers.
All persons wishing to participate in the Sit-Along Program must be at least 18 years of age. However, the signature of a parent or guardian allows applicants under the age of 18 years of age to participate.
Top of Page
- Submitting a request does not guarantee sit-along approval.
- All participants in the Sit-Along Program must read, agree, and abide by all rules and guidelines and complete the Sit-Along Application before the scheduled sit-along.
- Participants must have a valid photo id or drivers license with them when reporting for their scheduled sit-along.
- Participants shall be considered observers only, and shall be under the direct supervision on the assigned dispatcher during the sit-along.
- Participants shall conduct themselves in a civil and courteous manner at all times.
- No tape recordings, cameras, or similar devices are allowed without prior approval from the Chief of Police or his designee.
- For security and safety reasons, participants are not allowed to handle or use any of the dispatcher's equipment or the equipment in the communications facility.
- Failure to comply with any of the above listed rules and guidelines will result in the immediate termination of the sit-along.
To request a sit-along with a dispatcher, applicants must print out and complete the Sit-Along Application and submit the completed application to:
Sacramento 911 Dispatch and Training Facility
7397 San Joaquin Street
Sacramento, CA 95820
Completed applications may also be faxed to (916) 808-1829.
Applicants shall apply at least two weeks in advance of the sit-along date so records checks and scheduling can be accommodated. If you have any questions please call (916) 808-1740.