The Sacramento Police Department is seeking the community's help in identifying a man believed to be responsible for multiple armed robberies.
In each robbery, the suspect entered the fast food restaurants during the early morning hours, armed with a gun, and demanded money. After the robbery the suspect fled on foot, likely to a vehicle in the area. The following are a list of locations that were robbed:
- Tuesday, March 1, 2011, at 7:25 a.m., near Freeport Boulevard and Fruitridge Road.
- Thursday, March 3, 2011, at 6:24 a.m., near 26th Street and Broadway
- Saturday, March 5, 2011, at 7:16 a.m., near Stockton Boulevard and Broadway
- Sunday, March 6, 2011, at 7:19 a.m., near Freeport Boulevard and Fruitridge Road
- Sunday, March 6, 2011, at 7:58 a.m., near Alhambra Boulevard and K Street
There are several robberies in Sacramento County that are very similar to ones being investigated in the City. Detectives are working to establish if these and any other prior robberies are linked to this suspect.
The suspect is described as a male Black, 6'0", stocky build, long wavy hair (possibly dreadlocks) down to his waist, wearing a mask, light blue sweat jacket and either grey or black pants.
We want to remind business owners and community members to be alert and aware of anyone acting suspicious, especially in the early morning hours near fast food businesses. If you notice anyone matching the description or acting suspicious, please contact law enforcement immediately. Detectives are actively working this case but are seeking tips that may lead to the identity of the suspect.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information pertaining to this crime to contact Crime Alert at 916-443-HELP (916-443-4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000.