The Sacramento Police Department is seeking your assistance in reducing property crime in our community. The most effective crime prevention strategies rely on the police and community working together. A strong partnership makes a tremendous difference.
Tips for combating burglary, vandalism and graffiti:
- Observe - Your observations are invaluable in an investigation. Police conduct neighborhood canvasses looking for possible witnesses and something observed may be critical in that investigation.
- Report - If you witness a crime in progress or suspicious activity, call the police. Many burglars, thieves and vandals are arrested as a result of a call from a concerned neighbor or community member.
- If something doesn't seem right, follow your instinct and call the police.
- Get to know your neighbors. Watch out for one another.
- Illuminate - Utilize outdoor lighting including motion detector lights.
- If evidence is found, such as burglary or cutting tools, disrupted or broken property, spray cans, or items left by the suspects, leave it in place for the police to handle.