The Sacramento Police Department is excited to announce the launch of our new SacPD Mobile iPhone App. The creation of the SacPD iPhone App began with the desire for a centralized location of information in the palm of the hand. The App will allow users a one stop shop to:
- Contact Us (emergency 9-1-1 link or detailed phone directory)
- Report an Issue (non-emergency and anonymously if desired)
- View Missing Persons Pictures
- View Area's Most Wanted
- Cold Case Files
- School Resource Officer Contact List
- Social Media Sites: Facebook, Twitter, nextdoor.com, You Tube, Nixle
- SacPD Press Releases
- Web Link Window to an array of relevant links including RAIDS Online, SacPD on COPS TV episodes, Flickr, Traffic Court Portal, SacPD involved community events, victim resources, Reverse 911 registration, safety information, etc.
Our department is committed to communication with the community, and we are continuously searching for new and innovative ways to strengthen our connection with Sacramento residents. The Sacramento Police Department ranked number 15 of the 50 Most Social Media Friendly Cities of America's Largest Cities by MPHProgramslist.com. (http://mphprogramslist.com/50-most-social-media-friendly-police-departments/)
To download the SacPD Mobile App, go to the Apple Store and search for "SacPD Mobile." And watch for our Android/Blackberry versions coming soon! For additional information, contact the Public Information Office at 916-808-0808. Reminder: Once the SacPD Mobile App is downloaded, we suggest the user sign up/register for Nixle and for Reverse 911.