File Online Crime Reports
Welcome to the Sacramento Police Department Online Reporting System. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately.
If this is an emergency or the crime is in progress, please call 911.
Upon completion of this process:
- You will immediately receive a report number and be able to print a copy of the report.
- Your incident reported online will be reviewed.
- Reports are reviewed and assigned to detectives for follow-up based on investigative leads, severity of the crime, the District Attorney's case filing guidelines, and investigative staffing. Unfortunately the majority of cases reported are closed without further action being taken. If a follow-up will be conducted on your case, you will be contacted.
- Once the report has been approved, a permanent SPD report number and a copy of the report will be emailed to you.
Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- Did the incident occur within Sacramento City limits? (If this incident occurred outside the Sacramento City limits, please dial 411 to obtain the law enforcement agency for the appropriate jurisdiction.)
- Do you have an email address?
- The incident DOES NOT involve any of the following: (For incidents listed, you must call 916-264-5471 to file your report.)
- Violent Crime (personal assault, kidnapping, robbery)
- Gun theft
- Hate Crime
- Sex Crime (rape or sexual assault)
- Stolen Vehicle (theft of a vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- Lost/Stolen License Plate
- Domestic Violence
- Assault and Battery resulting in serious injuries (to include injuries requiring hospitalization or medical treatment).
- Traffic Accidents involving serious injuries, DUIs, or unlicensed drivers unless all parties have left the scene.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please select the type of incident you wish to report.
Did you know? Filing a false police report is a crime.
Assault and Battery
Harassment / Threats / Bias
Financial Crimes / Theft (including Catalytic Converter Theft)
/ Burglary / Lost Property
Theft from Vehicle
Violation of Restraining Order
Drug, Gang, Criminal or Suspicious Activity (This will not be submitted as crime report. Information provided will be considered a crime tip.)